The importance of early childhood education cannot be overstated. During this critical period, children learn the fundamental pillars that will allow them to be successful in their future education and work.
Here are some ways that research has shown the ways in which early childhood education is critical.
- A child’s brain develops quickest in their earliest years, and quality education in this period can enhance development in many areas.
- Early childhood education can translate into higher earnings in adulthood careers.
- Trained and compassionate educators can help a child develop various aspects of their personality in caring, age-appropriate ways.
- Educators are ideally suited to help identify and address any unique needs early on in a child’s life, and can help parents find resources.
- Early childhood education can result in fewer behavioral problems later in life.
- Additionally, children who receive early childhood education may be less likely to become involved in criminal activities as an adolescent and young adult.
- Early childhood education can impart health and wellness benefits onto a child, including improved cardiovascular health, improved mental health, and higher immunization and screening.
- Children can practice social skills in a controlled, low-risk environment. This allows them to develop empathy, problem-solving, self-expression, and accountability.
- Pre-kindergarten education can benefit children with learning disabilities or physical disabilities.
- An engaging and encouraging early childhood education program can make learning fun for children, creating lifelong positive associations with learning.
- Early childhood education can help to counter the negative developmental effects that early life stress can have on a child.
The first five years of a child’s life are critical to their overall development. Their brains are developing at a rapid rate in this period, and research has shown that infants as young as three months begin to process complex thoughts. In a worldwide study of the industry, we concluded that through early childhood education we can have a positive impact on the future of our society.
Contact us today for more information about our innovative Reggio Emilia early childhood education programs.